Practical Test (Class 3a)

So, I managed to clear my TP on my first attempt. I almost didn't make it. Now, the guideline is, if the trainee gets 20 or more demerits points or 1 Immediate Failure (IF), he/she will not be allowed to continue with the rest of the TP. This was for the safety of the other trainees and road users.

Prior to TP, I strongly recommend you to go for at least 1 Revision lesson. I took 3 because I felt that my lane changing was pretty shitty. Especially at the Bukit Batok and Teck Whye area where I need to lane change to make the U Turn. I know the theory of looking at the rear view mirror etc... But there are jerks on the road who will suddenly speed up so that you can't enter the lane. I met this Renault guy a few days ago during my last revision... I was trying to lane change to left to make my left turn, this guy who was behind me tried to cut into the same lane. But of course, I went ahead and did my lane change. Then!!!! He change to the right lane and speed up. This incident made me felt very uneasy, like what if I met this Renault guy again during my TP? The next few days leading up to my TP, I went crazy on my reading on lane changing on heavy traffic. I searched for YouTube videos.  I could not sleep well because I was so worried that I can't lane change in time for the silly U Turn during TP. Anyway, my conclusion was... Slow down until you spot the spot for lane change. Do the necessary like mirrors check, blind spot checks, Speed up, fear not! Move close to the edge of the lane first then move in!

For TP
Arrive at BBDC earlier. I was so nervous that I kept running to the toilet. Use the BBDC app to get your attendance marked, and go to the room 3 where BBDC graduates watch the gruesome video.

You will get a warm up instructor who will direct you on the procedures of the TP. He will also run through the circuit course and 1 test route with you. No, the test route which the warm up instructor choose may be different from the actual one.

Anyway, according to one of my instructor, anytime between 10am to 3pm on Monday is good. My gut feel is... Monday, people got Monday Blues, so maybe lesser people going for work. Also, it is the Dec school holidays, lesser students running on the road after school. But you need to note that Dec is a rainy season.

During my warm up, everything was good. even my warm up instructor said I will pass. Lo and Behold.... During the actual TP, I strike kerb at Directional Change. My heart sank... That cost me 10points... But still... the tester allowed me to continue... The rest of the circuit was a breeze and I was not as nervous because in my heart... I was like "fail liao la! worry simi sai?"

Then... tester said "ok, we are going to the road." I was like "huh??? still continue? haven fail? ok ok, maybe I still can save my 400 bucks." For those who don't know, if you fail at your first attempt, BBDC will require you to book 2 Revision classes before you can book your TP again. That adds up to about 400 dollars.

During my test route... I thanked Guan Yin Mah and Jesus for the clear road for my U Turn... Even the lorry behind me did not speed up when I did my lane change. Thank you Universal!

Oh, you MUST remember this: the second the tester say "make a U turn" you MUST immediately start to signal for lane change. I didn't and he repeated "I said make a U turn."

Along the way... a lot of pedestrians who were jaywalking... I was so glad they were there... because I was quite a safe driver... and that was a good chance for me to demonstrate how safe I am as a driver. I did my safety checks like Sun Wukong (minus the hand gesture), and I'm not even joking. I kept an eye on the zebra crossings and traffic lights in case anyone dash out...

I raised my hand to say thank you to people who let me go first. Especially in the circuit where the instructors all let me go first.

Actually... I really thought I would fail... because my performance wasn't that good... My tester left the test car without saying anything to me. He slammed the car door shut and walked away so fast.... I was already close to tears when I walked back to level 2.

My tester took a long time to come back with the slip... I was already in tears... So I told him "I'm sorry... I know I failed..." Then he said, "I passed you! go room 3 and watch the video." I was like "huh???? really?????" It was really nervewreaking...

Anyway... I got 18 demerits points... For slow acceleration and lack safety check at Directional change. So... I passed! I know I must work a lot harder to ensure that I am a safe driver. Safety is the most important thing. I would rather be late than never.

I applied my Qualified Driving Licence online... and now... i am a qualified driver! A lot of responsibilties to be keep the road safe.

I must thank my group head Mr See YY for insisting that I learn how to correct my mistake during V. parking and how to see if my car is straightened and aligned.

Also... the Lao ceks in group 8006... sometimes they are fierce... But I know they face a lot of students who CMI like me...

1 person I especially dislike but must thank is Mr Hau KW... I thank him for pushing me to the edge... and made me learn how to do parallel parking well .. Sometimes... it's really those irritating instructors who make you learn the most.. oh well...

Total damage is $2506.46 (with a balance of 3bucks, inclusive of QDL application)

Comments

Popular Posts