My BBDC Experience (Part 1)

Today is the day I take my driving test (TP for short from now on). I barely scraped through though (More on that later...)

So, firstly, let me share my background: 
I took my basic theory years ago but did not follow through the whole thing. Now that I need to fetch my parents, I die die must have a driving licence. So this June, I went down to enrol myself again.

Why BBDC and not private? 
I initially wanted to find a private instructor but those with good reviews were all packed. So, if you are planning to take up driving, make sure you plan in advance as to when you want to do your TP and do some backward engineering.

Location is another reason. I live in an area where none of the driving centres are near my place. Only BBDC's location suits me (if I choose to take MRT) If I need to take Grab, it will take me a good 20 to 35mins.

Why did it take me so long to take TP?
Because by June, the slots available for practical training was for end July or August. Also, for the month of October, i was too busy with work, so i totally did not go for my lessons. Anyway, I decided to clear my Final Theory Test (FTT) first. Oh, for bbdc, even if you have cleared your basic theory, you MUST attend their basic theories lessons (×2). But just as well, since I am quite free in June.

For BBDC students, you need to clear BBDC in-house evaluation before you can take the actual FTT. 
I had to take their evaluation TWICE. Then I decided to go for their practice sessions for FTT. I suggest that you don't just go for the final theory classes, do go for these practice sessions. I being the Kiasu type, I did a lot of practice booklets, cleared their evaluation, did another practice session before my actual FTT. I cleared my FTT within 10minutes (49/50).

Comments

Popular Posts